Ford Mondeo ST220 (vs BMW 5 Series)

I may have the opportunity to buy a late 2001 (might be early 2002) Moandeo ST220 Estate with 30K on the clock within the next few weeks.

I'm quite tempted (if the price is right), but would appreciate some feedback from people who have experience of this model.

The 3ltr engine seems good - guess it's basically the same engine as used in the Jag. I assume the ST220 I am being offered will have the 5-speed cogbox, rather than the later 6-speed. I don't know how desirable the

6-speed is.

Does anyone know if the alloy V6 block has steel cylinder liners, or whether it is a plated bore (e.g. Nikasil)?

Does anyone know of any problems with the early ST220? Any Ford recalls or Service Bulletins?

Otherwise I may go for a BMW 5 series Touring estate.

Any Ford ST220 vs BMW 5 Series comments/info. appreciated.

TIA

Reply to
mlv