mondeo power steering pump replacement

Hi all,

just joined and would like someone to advise me on how to change the power steering pump on my ford mondeo, ive drained the fluid which was black, yuck, but am looking to replace the power steering pump, having gotten quotes for silly money its a k reg, in great condition, but the power steering is non existent, im changing the pump due to a mechanic saying it was noisy and hed bet that was the problem. So changign the pump it is, ive got a haynes manual, but unable to find step two which is a bolt on the right hand side of the engine bracket?? nowhere near the pump which i can see.

can anyone advise on steps to do this?

donna scotrat animal rescue

Reply to
scotratrescue

THe thing is it could have just needed an oil change if it was black. Have you got the pump off yet? If not, I'd just try it with fresh oil in.

Reply to
Conor