mondeo TD head gasket

I have a 1996 1.8TD Mondeo which has done agenuine 104K miles. I've noticed that recently it appears to be staring to use a little water. Also noticed some water appears to be escaping from the expansion tank, judging by the coolant staining around the base of the cap/tank itself. Whilst this does not appear to be a major ptoblem at this stage I am concerned that this might be the early signs of the head gasket going. Does any body recognise this problems? Could it be something else? Does this particular engine have gasket problems at this mileage?? Any advice would be useful.

Cheers

Reply to
Alan Lipscombe