MOT advisory question

Oi! I liked my Sierra in '92. It was a great motorway car by virtue of its comfort. Judged by the standards of the day I don't think it was an awful drive certainly.

My stepson still runs a battered J-reg estate; it sits for weeks, and then starts first time. It's been used as a builder's van for a couple of years, and has done numerous runs to the tip. (But we always bring it back!)

He won't scrap it until it wants something doing to it, but it just won't die.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Chris Whelan (Chris Whelan ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

The company pool Sierras I used to drive around '90/91, doing my placement year from Uni and borrowing 'em regularly to visit different sites, were universally _awful_. It was a good day when they were all out and you had to borrow somebody's allocated company car, because you could head straight for the guys who'd got something, anything but a Sierra.

Reply to
Adrian

I expected the stereotypical jibes from those with imagined superiority. So far I've not been a passenger in a modern car that's felt as roomy, quiet and comfortable inside apart from the S type jag. That's saying something for a £200 car. As Chris says, its ideal for motorways and that is exactly what I use it for. Its not so well suited to around town, but I don't live anywhere near a town. Anyway, the question was, why doesn't it go wrong? Same with the previous one I have. Not a wiper, a light, tyre or spark plug. Not a problem in its five years of ownership and that cost a monstrous £300.

Graham

Reply to
Graham

Do you do that a lot, s*****ad?

Have you been drinking again?

Reply to
Terry

The same question I was getting at...

Reply to
Terry

Terry ( snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com (Terry)) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Only when faced with paranoid fuckwits.

Now, please - stop morphing, f*ck off back into the killfile - and STAY THERE.

Reply to
Adrian

Luck.

Reply to