MOT failure!

My daughter's Corsa failed it's MOT today. Pretty minor, the rear seat back wont release and the rear seat belt is trapped behind it and wont retract or pull out. She has to take the car back tomorrow to, hopefully, get it sorted. It passed everything else OK. My question is will she have to pay for a complete retest or will the garage just do the repair and then issue the certificate. I don't think they can now with the computerised system can they?

Bill

Reply to
Bill

"Bill" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Seatbelts are on the 14 day no-fee retest list, so - yep - it'll be free.

Reply to
Adrian

If trapping of seat belt has damaged it, it may cost a new seat belt. The fact that the seat release is jammed indicates that the seat belt may be doing the jamming.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Not quite. They are on the next-working-day no-fee retest list. He'll still be OK, though if it failed "today" and is retested "tomorrow".

Ian

Reply to
The Real Doctor

Mmm, hadn't thought of that, bet she hasn't either.

Bill

Reply to
Bill