MOT Technicality

Hi, I know there are a few MOT tester guys on here and wanted to run this by you. A guy on a forum I use says our vans (old VW LT35 (3500kgs) would be off the road straight away if it failed an MOT. IE, not got until the existing MOT expires (with the caveat of course that its not failed on something serious or advisory not to drive etc).

I've never heard this before.

Reply to
Mark

good idea, but no legality, other than not using an unroadworthy vehicle.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

"Mark" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

You ought to come here more often. It's asked most weeks, I think...

It's just as legal to drive away from a failed MOT as it was to drive it to the test.

The only difference is you can't claim you didn't know it wasn't roadworthy, if it isn't. Not that that would get you off a prosecution anyway...

Reply to
Adrian

I could see it being done from a business arse covering point of view. Certainly at the companies I work for, when a wagon goes in for MOT and fails, we don't see it again until its passed.

Reply to
Conor