Motor Oil

Tesco Supergrade engine oil, 10w/40 APLSL:ACEA A3 B3 Recommends itself for all petrol engines including turbocharged carburettor and fuel injected engines. With advanced additives.

Recommended oil for my vehicle Total Gold - Never use additives!

Price is attractive though. Do not have spec for Total Gold

Reply to
Lofty.

All engine oils contain an additive package. They mean don't use extra additives yourself.

John

Reply to
John Henderson

Thanks John, but can anyone translate the APLSL:ACEA A3 B3 for me please. ( I have searched for this unsuccessfully)

Reply to
Lofty.

In message , Lofty. writes

ACEA categories

A/B ? Petrol and diesel engine oils. (A indicates a petrol engine oil and B is for light duty diesel engines)

A1 / B1 Oils intended for use in petrol and diesel car and light commercial vehicles specifically capable of using low friction, low viscosity oils with high temperature / high shear characteristics.

A3 / B3 For use in high performance petrol and diesel cars and light commercials where extended drain intervals are specified by the vehicle manufacturer and / or for year-round use of low viscosity oils and / or for use in severe operating conditions as defined by the vehicle manufacturer.

A3 / B4 For use in high performance petrol and direct injection diesel engines. Also suitable for applications described under B3.

A5 / B5 For use at extended oil change intervals in high performance car and light commercial petrol and diesel engines designed for low viscosity oils.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Thank you for your input- could not get this info elsewhere on Google.

Reply to
Lofty.