Motorpoint

A few random samples of peoples views on Motorpoint:-

'his comments afterwards were that "he'd rather burn in hell than ever deal with them (Motorpoint)again".'

'we waited for 45 minutes to test drive a car because they couldn't find the keys, and once found they then started the car and the brakes had seized so we couldn't (and wouldn't) have driven the car.'

'i have just picked up my new RS from Motorpoint...... and had a little problem with the Climate control. I took it into the local dealers and they refused to look at it under warranty as it wasnt on the skoda UK database. They said when the car arrives at the dealer, they have to register it for warranty. It would appear Motorpoint didnt know, so havent done so!'

'Motorpoint buyer beware! You have been warned!'

Barry

2010, 2006, 2007, 2006.

No connection with Motorpoint but in general, you want to look at recent reviews rather than historical stuff.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

odd that Motorpoint got "Car Supermarket of the year 2013" award

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Rather 'burn in hell' than save £6k (or, around 40%) on a brand spanking new car?

I'd put up with a whole heap of shit from the seller to save that kind of cash.

Posted by someone with a single review to their name, back in 2007. Even then it sounds dubious, as I've never known a main dealer to be cheaper than Motorpoint.

Another ancient report - seemingly from someone who had saved many thousands of pounds on a parallel import.

I'll draw your attention to this, from a site moderator:

'Guys, can you all be mindful of your comments re. Motor Point. We've had complaints from them in the past re. certain comments about their service, some which were derogatory and not based on actual facts.'

Which throws into doubt anything that's being posted.

(Ignoring the fact that it's another ancient post and seemingly something which can and does happen in many dealerships across the country every day)

What you're not posting are the many thousands of positive experiences from people who bought new or very nearly brand new cars at nigh on half price (like the MG things they're selling at the moment - £8k for a brand new large hatch... ie. about the price of a half decent Sandero)

A number of years ago I looked at buying from them, as they'd sell me a brand new BMW 525i SE for *a third* of the price BMW wanted for a similar car - specs. weren't exactly matched, as they were imported from the Far East - and they only came with a 2 year aftermarket warranty - but £14k for a brand new 525i was a steal.

Reply to
SteveH

I'm beginning to think Barry works for Carcraft.

Or maybe he was fired from Motorpoint for being useless.

Reply to
SteveH

OK I have no experience of Motorpoint, but if you want some up to date comments (ie 2013) on one of the original questions (ie is the price negotiable) you might like to look here.

As for some reasonably up to date (2012) things to look out for

news

Even there, it appears that at least 1 poster is confusing Motorpoint with Carcraft.

Reply to
SteveH

Most things are in your opinion. My used car priced at £ 4995 was overpriced perhaps not stupidly so but overpriced all the same. I reckon it was definitely worth 15% of the original asking price at the time so roughly £

4250. I paid a tad more £ 4500 which was about the most it was realistically worth at the time, so I didn't get ripped off but didn't get a deal which I couldn't refuse either. At the end of the day I was only £ 250 away from having a decent deal that even the best hagglers would be satisfied with. They would probably go in at 20% off and settle for 15%, I am not experienced haggler and wanted to buy the car on that day rather then wait around for something better. My keenness to buy the car there and then has cost me at most £ 250.
Reply to
Nick Le Lievre

*bangs head*
Reply to
SteveH

Ignore him Steve, he's just an attention seeker. I've never seen so much crap posted about a single car purchase, even dragging up old threads to continue to feed his disorder.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

I thought I made a good point, SteveH does seem to think everything is overpriced. I would liked to have seen him negotiate a 20% discount on my car as they probably paid about £ 3500 for it and would want a bit more than £ 500 profit!

Reply to
Nick Le Lievre

En el artículo , SteveH escribió:

He's a f****it. Killfile and move on.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Ah come on Mike I know I am not very intelligent but there's no reason to discriminate against me for it!

Reply to
Nick Le Lievre