Motorpoint

We are possibly buying a car from Motorpoint. Any horror stories? Anything to look out for?

Will they move on the advertised price or is it set in stone?

Thanks,

Reply to
Paul Giverin

IME of supermarkets (although not Motorpoint) their major advantages are choice, convenience, and half-decent px. As to the cars you're on your own - they really don't care one way or the other.

A load of top trim 1 year old MG6s going for £7k at Motorpoint. Are they

*that* bad?!
Reply to
RJH

I thought it was the base trim for 7 and the top was 10. And no, they aren't that bad at all, though fairly thirsty engines. The amount you'd save compared to a hyundai, for example, would pay for a hell of a lot of fuel.

Reply to
Dr Zoidberg

This post claims that Motorpoint won't allow test drives. If true that alone says stay away from them.

Barry

That post is eight and a half years old.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Once a dog ...

Reply to
Barry

That's mostly because Hyundais are stupidly overpriced these days.

Reply to
SteveH

Is that so?

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Didn't take much effort to uncover that as complete bullshit.

SteveH

Go to France and you'll pay far more than in the UK for the same model Hyundai. If you can find the same model. I don't know whether they've got their exchange rates screwed or what.

Reply to
Robin Bignall

This was what I meant:

There is a slightly higher specced model going for £11k new.

Reply to
RJH

What that says and what the Motorpoint sales agents say are two very different things then.

Reply to
Barry

AFAIC, no drivey, no buyey.

Reply to
Huge

I went to their Peterborough branch last Sunday morning. That visit confirmed what others have alluded to...... namely that you are talking out of your arse.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Take it up with Honest John. It isn't the first time he has slagged companies down and TBH I don't think it will be long before he is sued for defamation.

Reply to
Barry

Why should I take anything up with Honest John?

You posted a link to an eight and a half year old post on their forum and have used that as the basis of your inaccurate assertions.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

But it isn't 'inaccurate' at all. Several people have been refused test drives in cars for sale by Motorpoint. Why should any company worth its salts do that?

Reply to
Barry

Motorpoint are incompetent cowboys as well it seems. They actually wanted to CHARGE for a test drive here:-

"I walked into Motorpoint once to view a car I was really interested in, they had the description of the car wrong (engine size was wrong, realised as soon as I lifted the bonnet lol), the car was an import, and they refused to let me test drive it until I paid £300 deposit up front..needless to say I walked"

Barry

Another link to an old post you have found secondhand online. Have you actually been to a Motorpoint yourself and found that they refused test drives? As I said, I was there on Sunday.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Yes it is inaccurate because you have used out of date data as the basis of your argument.

Reply to
Paul Giverin