MX-5 Coolant drain plug? Is there one?

MK1 1.6

Just fitted new hoses, wife's gone to work in her car. I've no antifreeze, so I'll have to fill it with tap water to drive to get some. Just wondering about draining it off afterwards..

duh!

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

most japanese cars have a radiator drain tap, or just remove the bottom hose. refill with neat antifreeze (glycol based) and the strength will be about right after you drive it around to mix it with the plain water that will be in the block and heater.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks Mr C!

Mike P