MX5 with fubar cambelt...

I have been kindly informed that this is to be my job for next week.

So, how hard?

Spoke to my mate who works for Mazda and he reckons they're a piece of piss to do.. any of you rabble know any different?

TIA

Reply to
Pete M

Let the mate from Mazda do it. Better still, get the beers in and watch him do it.

JB

Reply to
JB

In news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, JB decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

He's mysteriously unwilling to, and the boss is mysteriously unwilling to pay him to do it.

Reply to
Pete M

Pete M was seen penning the following ode to ... whatever:

From what I read on the Internet (so it must be true, eh?) it's supposed to be easy ...

... *but* if it's the 60k cambelt change then I vaguely remember that you're supposed to change the waterpump or somesuch implement at the same time.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

In news: snipped-for-privacy@nermal.unix-consult.com, Timo Geusch decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

It's a snapped cambelt change..

Reply to
Pete M

Pete M was seen penning the following ode to ... whatever:

Nice. More reason to check the water pump as well :-)

Reply to
Timo Geusch