My car

As I mentioned in my other post, I may have a new oil leak (down the side of the sump). I'm hoping, that it'll just go away, but I suspect that it may not. Without further inspection, I suspect that it would be the head gasket, cos it's not the rocker cover gasket, and I don't think there's much else likely to leak oil up there.

I've also got a leaking shock absorber. In my last thread I said that it was dry a couple of days after cleaning it, but a few days after that it's become damp again. I'm thinking about getting FIAT OEM ones, I can get 30% off which brings it down to about =A375 for both, but I could get KYB Excel-G's for about =A343 (for both). I don't know whether the KYB's would be rubbish though, with the FIAT ones I can be sure they'll work well with my car.

The mayo's gone from my oil filler cap. Strangely enough, my trips to uni was enough to gradually get rid of the mayo, even though the 30 mile trip didn't do a lot. I'd noticed the mayo going down gradually going down each week, and when I did the oil change it was completely clear.

Oh yeah, thanks for all of the helpful replies you guys have given me in the past.

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk

KYB's are OE on many vehicles. Including Fiat. See

Save yourself a few £££ and get the KYBs. You wouldn't notice the difference.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

They are only on Fiat Corma's though, none of the other Fiats, so it will probably be different. They also do different types of shocks, and the Excel-G's are the cheapest they do.

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk

(petermcmillan snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Not on the hot ones, too?

Reply to
Adrian

It could be the sump itself, these are prone to rotting through.

As a rule I would normally choose genuins partts where safety in involved. However, the Fiat ones are crap anyway. Never heard of KYB, but I have used Munroe and Sachs before, and had no bother.

Keep an eye though, Puntos are so prone to head gasket failure you have to consider this at any time.

:-)

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

:-o sounds expensive. I think it had probably run down from somewhere else though. IIRC I it was from as far up as I could see on the sump, I couldn't see all the way to the top from my position.

lol!

gradually

completely

Punto's are prone to just about any failure you can think of lol.

Sei's are too, I'm expecting it to go any moment. The good thing is that I finished uni today, and I finish work tomorrow. So I won't be needing my car much over the next 6 weeks.

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk

Could be from the head, but I was just offering another possibility.

I just reread that, and can't believe the typos I put in it.

Tell me about it - 6 years at a main dealer.

That might be useful ;-)

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

The message from petermcmillan snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com contains these words:

As driven by your Naan?

Reply to
Guy King

Pop! A dumb joke...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

The message from "Tim S Kemp" contains these words:

Someone cry phaal.

Reply to
Guy King

Guy King ( snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :