New Alloys Causing Steering Vibration

Ive just bought some new alloys for my corsa. They were purchased from Rimstock through Halfords Including tyres and fully balanced. On fitting them and driving the steering wheel shakes at about 45/50 mph and generally the car doesnt feel smooth to drive.

I have just swapped Front wheels for back and the same is happening, if not worse.

Im guessing it can only be due to balancing problems?.

There are stick-on weights on the wheels so they must have at least tried to balance them. The car had 4 wheel allignment done about 3 months ago.

What could be wrong?

Reply to
Rob Kirk

Ive also just checked tyre pressures. They did have 40PSI in but ive changed them to 31/30PSI as they should be with no change to how the car is driving/feeling.

Reply to
Rob Kirk

You may have lost a weight. Best get the balancing checked once more..

Reply to
DervMan

Dervman is right. Get the wheel balance re-checked. I had one tyre place in Peterborogh fit some front tyres and balance the wheels - - the vibration from out of balance front wheels was terrible. I was well outside Peterborough before being able to do 50/60 mph and I was not able to go back. So I took it too another garage, the wheel balance was

65g out on each wheel. They were perfect after being re-balanced. Dave
Reply to
Dave Spam

I phoned halfords today complaining about my wheels not being balanced. They offered to pay for them to be done as they dont have any means of doing it. I just popped down to my local tyre place and the chap told me that the wheels were actually "more balanced" without the weights that they were on them.

Anyhow, after the test drive home the vibrati>

Reply to
Rob Kirk

That's good I'm glad it's fixed and cheaply! Dave

Reply to
Dave Spam

Yeah me to, was gutted when I first drove it and felt the vibrations. Halfords happily gave me my cash back so all sorted no.

Thanks for your replys

Reply to
Rob Kirk