Bonneville Cabin Air Filter

A few days ago I decided it was time to change the cabin air filter on my

2005 Bonneville and discovered one had never been installed. I bought the car new Nov 2005. I talked to the Pontiac service department who informed me the filter was an option in 2005 and had not been installed from the factory. I then talked to their parts department about ordering whatever parts were needed to hold the air filter. They were clueless as to what was needed. I then talked to the local Buck dealer parts lady who was able to lead me to a dealer that had the necessary parts to install the cabin air filter. The part was bought in Lafayette Indiana for a little over 50 dollars.

I'm posting this information because apparently Pontiac does not install the filter in a lot of their cars and the service departments don't know the ease of adding this filter. I also checked two 2005 Bonneville's on a used car lot and none had the filter installed.

The part number is 25669930. This includes the filter. If any one is interested. Should keep my car a little cleaner inside.

Jim

Reply to
Twiget

My owners manual for my 05 Buick says you can drive the car without a Cabin Air Filter. The air admitted into the cabin just won't be "filtered"

Funny how I've been driving cars for 26 years with unfiltered air and everything was fine. Now all of a sudden we have to buy a $30 to $40 filter every 30,000 miles. to have clean air, if we want.

harryface

Reply to
Harry Face

Yeah. I was just thinking about my 92 G/A. The window regulator mechanisms have never gone bad. They are manual and still work like new. My cranking arms don't work like new anymore though.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul