Nissan Micra Electronic Key Stops Working

I have just bought an 03 reg Nissan Micra 1L E model car from a main dealer. The second ignition key did not work reliably and they were a bit perplexed so ended up replacing both keys and reprogramming the codes from the Nissan database.

I have rejected delivery of the car for the second time because of what appears to be intermittent faults with the remote control keys not responding when repeatedly and alternately testing them. The dealer does not know what is happening.

I also own a new Nissan 06 Sport diesel model and thought I would try the same tests on that by using both remote keys alternately and seeing what happens. I find that on my car both remote keys stop working if you keep on alternately locking and unlocking them. I waited for abut 1 minute and then they start working again.

Can anyone explain if this is a known fault or even a feature of the design that you have to wait if you keep on pressing the buttons. Is there a delay in the system for it to reset.

I have not experienced problems with my new 06 car under normal use only this quick test I have tried today.

I am concerned as to what to do as the dealer seems to be uncertain.

Thanks

Graham

Reply to
Graham Brooker

Why in God's name would you sit and lock/unlock a vehicle using alternate keys??

If it works in day to day use bloody live with it. You've clearly not had any cause to complain yet with your 06 thingumyjig, so why complain about the Micra?

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

It'll most likely be a design feature to improve security.

Under normal use, you wouldn't really ever be operating the system that many times in such a short time span, with more than one key. So it is likely to be a design feature to prevent people from trying to crack the security system (known problem in some parts of the country).

Reply to
M Cuthill

I am hoping this is the case but I only started experimenting because the second hand Nissan I bought definitely had a faulty remote key and I needed to prove they had fixed it so I tried using both the keys they gave me in front of the salesman. I only noticed it stopped working because I was looking for a problem. I then tried my other car and found it worked the same way. I would not normally do this sort of test but was trying to prove they had fixed a dead key.

I only want to find out if anyone out there knows about Nissan remote keys and whether they shut down like this after repeated use and then start working again later. If this is the case then I will accept my car delivery and not worry about it.

Graham,

Reply to
Graham Brooker