Nissan Occasion

I have just obtained a Nissan Occasion 2.3 diesel. ( S Reg)

The brakes seemed excellent but when I put it through the MOT they said new front pads needed, and they replaced them.

I have done over 100 miles around town, hopefully enough for the pads to bed in, but the brake pedal is still very spongy.

If I switch the motor off and pump the brake pedal it goes, and stays, rock hard.

Should I be concerned

thank you

Dave

Reply to
Dave INM

The hard feel with the engine off is just because the servo isn't working. They probably put in cheap pads. In my fairly long Nissan ownership experience it's best to stick to Nissan brand pads for good bite at all speeds and Ferodo if you don't mind having to press a bit harder at low speeds. Mintex are probably OK going by one usage, but I've never been impressed by any others I've tried from motor factors, they all seem to lack power and bite, so I stay with Nissan or Ferodo nowadays.

Reply to
Steve B

Many thanks,

Dave