Nissan Primera 2.0 TD SLX, worth it?

Thank you the reply, the alarm is armed when I lock the car with the key to. It arms after a certain period of time (not sure how long it is as Ive not timed it - not to long though). Therefore the unlocking with the key still sets the alarm off, not a major hardship as starting the car does disable the alarm but not ideal in a quiet street at night :). I will have to contact Nissan and see how much a second keyfob is going to cost me, any ideas?

All the best. Michael.

Reply to
Mikedmc

Hmmm.....never known mine alarm itself with the key. If I use the key to lock it I can unlock it again, without disturbing the alarm, using either key or remote. Do the indicators flash when you turn the key to lock it? I assume you've already tried replacing the key fob battery. Remember that when you change to another key fob, you have to press the buttons a few times for the car to 'learn' it. You could try

for a replacement,although they seem to cater mainly for european vehicles. I doubt thata dealer replacement would be cheap :-(

Stuart Sharp

Reply to
Stu