Non-setting masticy / gluey stuff for door membranes

Can anyone recommend such a product? I've got some new membranes for my Golf, and they come in at something daft like £7 a side, so I'd prefer to stick them so as they can be removed without ripping them to bits in the event of me needing to get at something inside the door (ie, not tigerseal or Evostik impact). From what I can remember of more modern cars, this seems to be the way membranes are stuck - with something that's bloody sticky but will let go if you peel it.

Reply to
Doki

I used 3M's windscreen sealer on the BMW which often suffers from the door membrane glue failing and water getting into the car because of it. It's a non setting black gunge that seems to stick to anything. I'd imagine any windscreen sealer from a paint factor etc would be the same.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The perfect stuff would by the gunk they use to stick CDs and DVDs to the front covers of magazines - Known as Gorilla Snot in the trade :-)

Dunno what it is - Some sort of cow gum?

Al.

Reply to
Al

Wonder how it stands up to extremes of temperature and humidity? And what its life is?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I wouldn't have thought it would hold up too well - after all it is intended to be removable - you can peel your coverdisc off without ripping the paper. IME you're lucky if you can peel back polythene door membranes without at least stretching them.

Reply to
asahartz

ROFL!

Sometimes this stuff is so well stuck that I have to put the mag on top of a radiator to soften it enough to get the disc off :-(

Al.

Reply to
Al