Not so perfect

The 1993 diesel pug has grumbly brakes when you apply them hard. The thing rattles a bit and the pedal vibrates. No noises that would worry me just the brakes being a bit finicky. I did a couple of laps of the local bypass this evening with as much hard braking as I could manage and there was no fade. I can lock them if I feel a particular need to have the front skidding away so no lack of capability. A handbrake turn is also do-able and no rumbling or rattling.

I'm tending to think that a change of disks and pads should solve the problem. I've not had it up on the jack so don't know if there's a caliper binding but that should have been caught by the MOT a couple of weeks ago so I'm not inclined to suspect that.

Any comments?

Warwick

Reply to
Warwick

In message , Warwick writes

Well as long as you are still able to do handbrake turns, I wouldn't worry about anything else. I assume your subwoofer is still working properly?

;)

Reply to
Paul Giverin

*g*. That was just to ensure that I had full brakes at the back and was less of a turn and more of a 'make sure the back goes on all the way too' in a straight line and on private property. I'm not sure that the Today show and PM would be overly helped by a sub woofer.

I'll have it up on the stands tomorrow.

Warwick

Reply to
Warwick