OEM or Bosal

Hi, Polo 1.4tdi had service today at local dealership, quoted £158+vat for a backbox of course they give you the tail that there much better than the ones in ATS or Kwik fit but really worth twice as much???

KwikFit wanted £95 all in for a Bosal backbox

Reply to
Oliver Gunnell

OEM one will be better, most likely.

Eurocarparts might be able to get you an OEM one for cheaper than the dealer.

Depends how long you want to keep the car though. OEM better if you plan to keep it forever, and the exhaust's lasted a while, or pattern if it's not or you'll get rid soon. Exhausts tend to go all in one go too, so don't be surprised if the rest of the system needs doing too.

Reply to
doki

Bosal probably make the OEM part.

It'll be either them or Timax.

Reply to
SteveH

Bad form and all that.

I reckon a Timax / Bosal from GSF or Eurocarparts will come in at under

50 quid delivered.
Reply to
SteveH

In message , doki writes

OEM exhaust on my Focus lasted 2 years. The Bosal replacement I bought is still on there after 4 years although admittedly its looking like it could fail in the next few months. The Bosal was almost half the price so I'm happy and would certainly buy another.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Thats what put's me off paying VW £180ish for the same thing I can get for at least half else where.

Reply to
Oliver Gunnell

SteveH ( snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Don't know about GSF's VW exhausts, but their Citroen exhausts are absolute shit compared to OEM. Tinny, boomy, poor fit, short-lived.

Reply to
Adrian

The 2 I bought for the Golf seem pretty good - only one ended up on the car, the other is in the garage.

Anyone want a MkI GTI exhaust in exchange for a crate of beer?

Reply to
SteveH

don't list such an animal as a Polo 1.4tdi, but a 1.4i back box is about 30 quid and a 1.9tdi about 70 quid, plus delivery unless you're anywhere in the Nottingham area.

Reply to
Autolycus

Or Walker.

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Got what was sold as genuine one from Euro car parts made by Imasaf for £65 I plan to get a friend and owner in garage to fit it,

What I did notice was that the exhaust fitted at the moment seems to be one full systerm without joins between rear and middle box, so that makes me think the £158 was for whole systerm from the cat back as one part?

Reply to
Oliver Gunnell

Factory fitted systems are often one or two piece, you have to cut them at the right point to fit replacement sections.

If keeping a car for a long time the OE exhaust is almost always the best option.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp