oil leak - peugeot 1.9 non turbo D9B

I have a peugeot with a 1.9 non turbo diesel engine (D9B). Oil breather pipe has been replaced but I still am getting oil collecting round the injectors. Not a lot and the problem went away for a period (approx 300 miles) when I cleaned around that area with gunk.

I have changed the engine oil recently but the discharged stuff is discoloured - ie old. Any ideas anyone

TIA

Reply to
Martin

This wouldn't happen to coincide with when you started noticing the buildups?

Graham

Reply to
Graham

Graham

No. The oil breather pipe was replaced because of a leak. Thought that the oil was a result of a residue build up at top of engine. Used some gunk to clean off. This seemed to clear the problem but it did reoccur.

Changed the engine oil some time after that - levels is a little below max. Not using oil and the amount of the leak seems to be minimal. No sign of rocker cover gasket leak.

Just want to identify cause early in case of a major problem.

Any thoughts?

TIA

Reply to
Martin

Rocker cover gasket?

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc

thanks for the reply

No - rocker cover gasket is as tight as a ***** ****.

Well maybe thetas the wrong analogy but not the gasket. I'll try the gunk approach again. Don't know how long it had a spray of oil from the breather pipe. Not familiar with diesel engines!

Reply to
Martin

From that point of view , very similar to Petrol engines. Probably worth trying a new rocker cover gasket though, they're cheap.

Reply to