Old cats are worth serious money

I just got a nice surprise when taking in some scrap:

A used but complete cat made 20 pounds in scrap value !, if it is broken up apparently they still pay 10 pounds as long as about half is still there.

So well worth hanging onto and cutting off any scrappers you see lying about.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

That's a bit handy. I've got 2 old but good VX 2.0L cats in the shed from when I de-catted the Carlton and Astra.. I suppose they're after the platinum? JB

Reply to
JB

mrcheerful. ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Sounds like a viable business opportunity, depending on whether the local vet charges you for the cat.

Please don't steal mine in the night.

Reply to
Adrian

I think they re-con them, thats what I was lead to believe when I asked autovaux for a price on a new cat...

I get £10+VAT back when I take them my old CAT back.

There is a bloke down the road from me who recovers the valuable metals from old photocopiers and such, he's made enough money to buy the house next door, knock it down, build a new house (that looks like a pub), drive two Lexus's (not at the same time) and kit out the wife and kids with mercs.

Still a man who suffers from -small man syndrome- though!

Thomas

Reply to
Tom Burton

have got your address keep your curtains closed ok?

Reply to
Mindwipe

Thus spake mrcheerful . ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) unto the assembled multitudes:

Cor. My neighbour's cat keeps killing birds, and I've been itching to dismember it. Nice to know I could make 10 quid in doing so ;-)

Reply to
A.Clews

. ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) unto the assembled multitudes:

Just in case you're not entirely joking, wanna email me your home address?

You know. Just in case.

;)

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

. ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) unto the assembled multitudes:

No thanks, I can do all my dismembering for myself and don't need any help.

;-)

Reply to
A.Clews