Disappearing Oil

My Rover 100 has been standing idle on the front over winter. I have just checked the oil level and it wasn't even registering on the dip stick, I have now put in 2 litres and it is still only just at minimum level. The car doesn't have an oil leak. Is there any way oil can disappear like that?

Lindy

Reply to
unhinged

The oil can't just disappear.

Are you sure it was up to the mark when you stopped using it? Is/was the vehicle on level ground when checked?

Perhaps some toe rag has stolen the most valuable part of it :-) (Sorry, I couldn't resist).

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Hi Chris

The car was on a slight incline.

As for some toe-rag nicking it... I have my suspicions of sabbotage which is why I was asking. I must try harder to keep on the right side of people!! :)

Lindy

Reply to
unhinged

A dutchman drained it into his shoe?

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Bugger you! I've just laughed so much I've spat all over my nice new TFT screen!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

The joke is lost on me! Dutchmen wear clogs :)

Reply to
unhinged

Look up the history of people, wearing wooden shoes called Sabots, and chucking them into machinery in order to swing the lead. :;o)

Reply to
Paul Hubbard

In news:_pfNf.72424$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe7-gui.ntli.net, Paul Hubbard wrote something quite bizarre, possibly in an effort to confuddle the world. It went like so;

Guy can explain complex, Dutch footwear related, jokes, but he can't format a newsgroup message :-|

Reply to
Pete M

The message from "Pete M" contains these words:

Can I?

Reply to
Guy King

Who would have thought a motoring forum could offer such a rich education? I've learnt a lot about Dutch wooden footwear,which is just as well really as I'm going to be doing a lot of walking if I don't get my car on the road! :)

Lindy

Reply to
unhinged

Yeah, we're quite a well-rounded well-educated bunch here. Especially Conor. He's got more qualifications than you can shake a stick at, as I'm sure you'll hear him mention at least once if you hang around.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

At least you'd be fit. :o)

PDH