On/off throttlers. Why do they do it??

I?m sure I?m not the only person to have suffered the unpleasant experience of being a passenger in a vehicle driven by someone who is constantly on and off the throttle every few seconds and *never* holds a constant or smoothly adjusted throttle position.

They seem completely unaware of how unpleasant it is for passengers. Why the f*ck do they do it??

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Truly smooth driving is an artform, some people will never be able to develop that. Taking an advanced driving course can make an improvement in rough driving habits. Pretending that the Queen or a an injured or asleep person is in the car, or a Policecar is following can help some drivers.

Reply to
MrCheerful

Also people who hit the brakes all the time because they overreact to a road situation.

Ditto people who slow down for bends when the car they are driving is quite capable of navigating the corner without sudden braking.

Reply to
Andrew

Agreed. Those compulsive brakers are bad enough when you're on an open road where you can see what's ahead, but they're a real nuisance when it's busy. It's difficult to know when it's necessary for you to brake as well.

Reply to
Ramsman