Optimax

I've only got personal, empirical data to go on, based on my driving a Mk

5 Escort and a Mk2 Mondeo.

If you remove the battery, the ECU takes half an hour or so to re-learn all of its settings. Until this point, performance is down, and the engine tends to stall.

If you drive it in a spirited manner, it seems to "get used" to it, which leads to "poor" economy, not particularly good low speed driving, but fun high speed driving.

Similarly, if you drive like a pensioner, it gets used to it, and needs a bit of thrashing before you can drive in the manner of paragraph above.

Just my 2ps worth.

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

Got to ask - how are you measuring these changes and to what accuracy ?

Reply to
sro

By experience and 'feel' / car's petrol gauge / amount dispensed at pump.

Things are just about back to normal now - I'm really surprised that Optimax was such a negative experience in my car. I'll never touch the stuff again.

Reply to
Neil Barker