Orange peel paint in Y reg cars

The message from "Dave Plowman (News)" contains these words:

URProfSUnwinAICM£5

Reply to
Guy King

I'll take your word about the depth of gloss, or degree of shine. TBH it's not something I've particularly noticed, and is not what I'm on about. I'm quite happy to accept that some paints can give a better shine than others. What I don't accept is that the very obvious orange peel effect on some cars, is the result of a mistake, was unavoidable, or was caused by a faulty setup in the manufacturers spraying process.

What colour is that? Dunno what paint they were using in 1994, but I'm very impressed with the flawless, (as far as I can see) shiny paintwork on my silver E34. Even shinier than my Vitesse, and I thaught that was good. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

In one. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The message from "Dave Plowman (News)" contains these words:

I do miss the old duffer - he was great.

Reply to
Guy King

Another sound engineer to trade. ;-)

Reply to