OT: M54 & M6

Anyone know if the cameras hanging off bridges on the M54 are "live", also the ones on the M6 back to bham?

Reply to
werd

Yes, they are.

Reply to
Conor

I better keep a look out for them then!!

tim.

Reply to
Tim..

Or try driving at 70...

Reply to
Conor

M54 ones, definatly aren't. I travel on it most days.

Reply to
Mike G

If they're just blue/green/grey cameras off the bridges, they're Traffic Master, UK Govt and haven't a clue respectively.

They are "speed" cameras in that they're used for monitoring traffic flow, but they're not "speed" cameras in the traditional sense (as far as I know).

Conor, are you yanking the OP's chain?

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

Where's the sense in that??

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Having travelled to brum from telford and back last night with my trusty Snooper and peeled eyes, there are no speed cameras that i can see.

There are the travel pilot blue and green boxes that have been there for ages, and around J5/6 on the M6 where the road works are there are apparently average speed monitoring cameras, but the snooper remained silent, so I personnally doubt it.

Only my observations though!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

What I meant is to travel at/below the speed limit.

Reply to
Conor

If your Snooper is a radar detector then it isn't going to alert to SPECS systems as they don't use RADAR and they're almost always 'live'.

As for the M54, I'm not aware of any fixed safety cameras, they are most likely TrafficMaster's PTRM sensors.

Reply to
Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com

"Tim (remove obvious)" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...

Did you look at the gantry in the rear view mirror? There are little boxes,

1 per lane on the back of the gantries. What would be the point of a variable speed limit if they were not going to enforce it?

And I would not expect a radar detector to pick up an camera that has no radar. It takes pictures of you at 2 known points, and calculates your speed based on the distance between them and the time you took, not the dopler effect of radar/laser.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith