Overflow Bottle

i have just joined this group and i am pleased with the emails that i have read. I own a 1984 318i, as my car is not fitted with an overflow bottle (dont know if it was built with one) so i went to the wreckers and purchased an overflow bottle with a sensor. My question to anybody out there is ... where does the bottle placed and the connections for the hoses and the electrical connections for the sensor ? Hoping to here from you soon. Thankyou. Brendon.

Reply to
brendon_666

This is a wind up right? Or do you really think you need to fit something that your car was not designed to have?

Reply to
Malc

Your cooling system isn't designed to work with one so there's no point fitting it.

If you are absolutely hell bent on fitting it, you need to get the mounting brackets and mount it to the inner wing. You'll need to drill your own bolt holes.

Also you'll need to change the radiator as well for one that has got the outlet to the overflow bottle.

As for the wiring, nothing you can do there as it's not designed for one in the first place.

Reply to
Conor

It's a wind up. First post from this troll, no knowledge of motors and particularly cooling systems so why would he be messing about under the bonnet with things he doesn't understand? And why are we feeding him. Doh! DaveK.

Reply to
davek