Paging the intrepid Astravanman!

Well Peter, did you get your cambelt done? Did the BX snap the old one? Did you try my trick of playing with the suspension height on the M3 at eeek mph? Did you end up in the bushes, ditch-surfing? Come on 'fess up to good old "Honest John" (and the rest of the newsgroup of course as we all luv a tale of woe and misery). Audi back from the bodyshop yet? (Sorry Pete. This post brought to you courtesy of 'Yellow Tail' Shiraz) ) Cheers, JB

PS: you think you've got it bad. I went and had a look at a 1983 Porsche 911 today. In need a of a 'bit' of TLC says the man. jesus! Mind you, I'm tepmted.)

Reply to
JB

BX? Nope. Audi? Soon.

Thankfully not!

Heh - I wanted to add the BX to the "cars I've owned and not crashed" list, so I thought it best not to!!

Thankfully no woe or misery this time!! Sold it after using it for two days, averaging 33mpg on one tankful, 36mpg on another tankful (long run @

80-85mph), and not having to spend a single penny on it, for exactly what I paid for it, and then got a Daewoo to run about in in the mean time!

Not yet - hopefully Tuesday. The Saturday night just 2 days before it went in some local scrotes decided to smash the back windscreen on it (in fact a mate of mine reckons it could have been shot with an airgun pellet - one hole about an inch in diameter, but the whole screen was shattered). I'm pretty sure I know who did it, and he'll get his comeuppance (sp?) one day, but not until we've moved house and he doesn't have a clue where I live. Anyway, as annoying as that was, I was planning on getting a new front screen anyway (through the insurance), and they'll do both under the same claim, so it hasn't actually cost me anything more!

What you want's a big place in the country with lots of land and workshops to work on them in!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan