Renault Megane Stall Problem

I have a 1999 Megane RT Sport 1.6E with a stall problem When the car has been stood for a few hours although starting appears normal when you depress the accelerator pedal to move off, its as if the throttle is stuck shut and whilst the engine does not stall it will not speed up, after a little wild pumping of the pedal all returns to normal and everthing is OK until the car has stood for a period of time when the problem may return

I am reluctant to take it to a dealer as I suspect due to the intermittent nature of the fault they will not find the problem or I will be bankrupt before they do !!!

Anyone had this problem before ?

Thanks Chris W

Reply to
Chris Whitehead