Pajero transfer box stuck

Went to look at a cheap one yesterday, in fact it was in great condition apart from the box was stuck in 2wd. I hear they can stick in 4wd & it's an easy fix to re-locate some spring in the slector mechanism.

He's offered me it cheap, anyone come accross the stuck in 2wd?

Reply to
Nige

Can't help directly but when I was considering one of these I found some useful web-based forums. Presumably you've googled?

Reply to
newshound

Yeah, not getting many hits.

I have had hundreds of Land Rovers, usually its a stuck lever through lack of use, but Japanese 4x4 systems are a bit more complex.

Found a really nice one a bit further away, hopefully he'll do a deal...

Reply to
Nige

One of the reasons I went for another Fourtrak in the end. Primitive, but simple!

Good luck

Reply to
newshound