Pedantic legal question

hmmmmm do they now ? not in all my years of testing we haven't, a rolling road is a totally different kettle of fish, the brake roller only rolls at approx 4-5 miles an hour, ive had a cars over the years with digital speedos not illegible & they pass no problem at all, you just dont enter any figures in the mileage box. so the answer is the speedo dosnt have to work to pass an mot.

Reply to
reg

I'm sure it does.

One could think of a situation

There have been cases where drivers have claimed that even though their speedo wasn't working, they knew their speed from the rev counter reading. That defence was not accepted, and they were convicted anyway. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Which vehicles don't? I assume road rollers or something like that?

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Things that can't go over 30mph ever?

Reply to
PC Paul

I'm using a bicycle speedo on my car ATM, suprisingly accurate, but a bit slow to update. It tells you how fast you were going a second or so ago :)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

PC Paul ( snipped-for-privacy@home.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Admittedly, mine that haven't are VeloSolexes...

Reply to
Adrian