Peugeot 306 wiper problem

306 Meridian Diesel

Wipers ground to a halt yesterday. Got second hand motor and linkage and all works well except the hi speed wipe is not happening. When switched to that it's not working at all. All other functions OK, ie lo-speed, auto, single wipe.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
Mark Williams

"Mark Williams" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Presuming the switch (& relay?) are supplying power to the motor on High, then the motor's duff.

Reply to
Adrian

Could it be a relay problem?

I presume the relay will under steering wheel in fuse box on a 306 and not anywhere else - presume I could identify which relay by removing relays until wipers don't work?

Reply to
Mark Williams

Yep. You either need a wiring diagram and a multi-meter, or an auto electrician. ;-)

In the absence of those, assuming that speed control is done by offset brush, the most likely fault is a sticking brush inside the motor.

Can you dismantle the original one to get some clues?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan