Peugeot 306 Meridian - Electrics and clicking

Has anyone had the following symptoms ?

The car will start and run but intermittantly there will be clicking from the left hand side of the car ( glovebox side ) and then the instruments go mad. The temperature gauge rises and all other dials stop working. The car also will gitch while running - by that I mean nearly cut out and then start going again. This has just happened for no reason at all - no ideas myself so please help if you can.

Reply to
christurner

Hi Chris,

Check the earth cable from the battery to the bodywork and the earth cable that c>Has anyone had the following symptoms ?

Reply to
Dave G via CarKB.com

As Dave says check ALL the EARTHS.because it sounds just like that,

Reply to
Chris

i had exactly the same problem with my 306 meridian i was ready to trade it in or get it scrapped had tried everything for changing both temp sensors to auto electricians! but stumbled across the fault at night by accident! To the left of the battery is a gap where a cable from the neg goes and the connects else chack to make sure that the cable is still connected as mine must have been crimped to tight and the copper had snapped and the clicking noise was when the cables would touch over bumps! making the dials go crazy after making the connection have now bin fault free for a week apart from auto elecs telling me the ECU needs replacing cos the fault wont clear! not so keen to part with £650 like!! hope this works mate

"Chris" wrote

Reply to
Kirky1986

Hiya,

Had a friend which his 306 did the same last week, although he was doing 70 on the motorway when his car cut out, the speedo needle went to 50 and stayed there...and all the other needles was jumping all over the place...not really what you want to happen on the M25, anyhow peugeot dont know whats wrong with it, and its just sitting there, they cant fix it :S

(Sorry, not the most comforting post,lol

"Kirky1986" wrote

Reply to
ajvdberg