Peugeot 405 coolant pipe behind injector pump snapped whilst changing glow plugs

Hello, Has anyone snapped the little coolant pipe which protrudes and attaches to a flexible pipe on the front left of the head just above the glow plug which resides behind the injector pump on a 405 XUD engine?

It snapped off earlier today whilst replacing plugs - it must have been very ripe because I was careful not to exert any pressure on it, but it went anyway (corroded copper perhaps). I did not have any materials to create a stent or sleeve a repair to the pipe. So I blocked both ends of the pipe.

So now I presume that coolant is not circulating the head correctly (if at all). The car runs fine and the general coolant temperature has not been adversely affected. My super reliable car has done 210K and now I only drive short distances (8 miles or so to work) so I do not expect the head to suffer adversely (as it will never get too hot) while I determine if I can source a replacement pipe or effect a repair or leave it?

There are two allen bolts which secure a frame that presents this little outlet pipe (which sheared off flush), I suspect that this little module may be replaceable if I can get hold of one from the scrapper. I suspect the whole pump will need to be removed to get to the lower bolt and fit it.

I would like to know if this has happened to anyone else and what they did if anything to resolve it.

regards, Kev

Reply to
BigNose