Peugeot 406 Buzzing/Clicking Noise

Dear All,

A friend's P-reg Peugeot 406 (1.9 TD) has started making a very noticeable buzz and clicking noise.

The noise seems to be coming from somewhere around-ish the glovebox area on the passenger side, and starts when the ignition is switched on. Our best guess is that it sounds like some sort of relay having a bad day.

All the electrics on the car seem to work fine, but the noise is somewhat worrying......

Any ideas?

Ian

Reply to
Ian Riches

The limit switches on the motor which controls fresh air or recirculate have failed and the motor is grinding its little plastic gears having reached the limit of movement of the flap. This is a common problem.

When it happened to mine I just put it into fresh air mode and waited long enough for the flap to move over and then cut and insulated the wires from the switch. I can't get recirculate anymore, but I don't get nasty noises and I didn't have to dismantle the dash.

No doubt someone else will be along soon to tell you how to dismantle the dash and do the job properly...

Cheers,

Simon.

Reply to
Simon Kelley