Peugeot 806 Cat Removal

Damn right, the rear disk brakes on my Volvo are bigger and more powerful than the main front disks on a 'scort. The front disks are huge great things, it may weigh a lot, but stopping power is wonderful.

Those poor escort brakes must have been 'Glowing' red when he brought that thing to a stop...

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

Maybe it's the gearing. I've got 1500kg on the back of an 1800kg car,

132bhp petrol unit with auto. I make that 40bhp/tonne too. It flies along motorways, no trouble.
Reply to
Chris Bolus

Thanks all for your input guess i will stay with the cat and stay legal.It is a heavy car but that makes for good stability.The latter models were 16 valves and had just that bit more power +10 hp I think What I wanted really was an "add on" gizmo to find more power from this engine.As far as the gearing is concerned this is a van derivitive and the gearing is a bit weird.For example reversing into a pitch if not level can be bit of a struggle as if the reverse gaer is to high.Trouble is you never really know how good a car is going to be till you actually try it.

Reply to
Capt T

Capt T ( snipped-for-privacy@Nospamhomecall.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

But not much (if any) extra torque - 16v lumps tend to have it all at the top end of the rev range - not where you need it.

Reply to
Adrian

Modern artics work on under 10BHP/tonne.

Reply to
Conor

Conor ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

But you don't whinge when you can only just hold 50mph on a motorway hill.

You also have slightly more than 40lb/ft per tonne.

Reply to
Adrian

However if you've got a gearbox the limit on how fast you an go up a hill is the power not the torque.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

The message from "Duncan Wood" contains these words:

But that means changing gear, and some of us are too lazy for that.

Reply to
Guy King

Which comes back to my auto...

Reply to