Catalyitic Converter Removal

Hi All,

I have a 2002 1.8 Freelander.

The Cat is blown at 17,500 Miles

I would like to replace the Catalitic Converter with a straight pipe, I do not require one here (offshore) and I am of the opinion they are vastly expensive and cause more trouble than they are worth. It is more than likely that muddy fields have killed my existing Cat due to sudden unavoidable temperature changes. A replacement Cat would probably last about as long and according to the dealers the cat is not covered in the guarantee, no surprise there :-)

I have done this mod on 3 cars so far without problems but I can find virtually nothing relating to Freelanders. Does anybody know anything about it? also there was a firm in Macclesfield that I used to manufactor replacement pipes but they seem to have vanished. Anybody know of a reliable outfit with the experience and know how to make me a replacement pipe?

Any info much appreciated

Jonah

Reply to
Jonah

I'd interrogate your dealer some more. I don't know what the situation is where you are, but back here in Blighty they changed our failed Cat under warranty (and that was just after the warranty had actually expired).

Reply to
Steve Morgan