Ping Chris Whelan

Hi Chris, glad to see you are okay: From a Police site: "Christopher Whelan, died after his motorcycle was involved in a collision with a car on Streatham High Road in the early hours of November 6"

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Wow! Glad it's not me. Or my son, also Christopher, and a motorcyclist!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

In 1974 I was in N. Ireland, the wife was back in Germany. Someone with the same name as me got shot in Belfast and my Mrs heard about it on the radio. Even though I'd told her she'd hear about anything happening to me before it was released to the media, this caused quite some panic.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

My wife works in a school just outside Aldershot. A number of the kids live in continual stress when mum or dad are overseas, petrified of radio news bulletins.

Reply to
TTT

Must be National Coincidences week; I have a family member who teaches in a school in the Aldershot area!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan