New Mot Form

A friend had her car mot done by a local chain Nationwide and they listed a whole load of stuff as advisory items that were nothing to do with the mot..more of a general condition report. Subsequently she will have difficulty marketing the car with all this negative remarks showing. Tinted front glass (Manufacturesr standard) drip from gearbox, etc etc. Surely they are only allowed to mention items that could become mot failures??

Reply to
Tim

no we can add anything to do with the vehicle condition in the advisory section. were as before, the advisory sheet could be binned as it was seperate, but now its printed with the mot pass receipt.

Reply to
reg

And your problem with an individual garage giving an honest report on a vehicle is what exactly?

Reply to
Joe

On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 22:07:49 +0000, Joe stammered:

Nothing, but he's talking about Nationwide ...

Reply to
Mike P

scan it into the comp, use photoshop or similar to remove the remarks you dont like, print a new form out, job done, i imagine the remarks will be on the mot database, but not everyone buying a car looks at that... or even knows about it yet.

btw, why not fix the problems listed.., then you can use them as good points when selling.... i.e. the gearbox had a drip, so i fixed it before it caused any damage as thats the kind of person i am.... the tinted screen i cant do owt about, but i specified it when i bought the car so it will save my/your eyes from uv damage etc :)

Reply to
Gazz

You will all soon get pissed off with this and not bother wasting your time.

It's only A5 what happens when you run out of space?

Reply to
Peter Hill

smaller font

Reply to
Mrcheerful

It's not wasting our time, its called covering our arses, the day I stop doing advises, then that will be the day it comes back & bites me in the arse ! we will never run out of space, it will just continue the advisories on another sheet !

Reply to
reg
[...]

For something that's marginal on my own car, I would far rather have an advisory than a fail.

Looking at the advisories and seeing if they've been actioned on a car I'm buying gives me an insight into the seller's attitude towards looking after their car.

As far as I'm concerned, it's an excellent idea.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Turn the paper over and use the other side.

Reply to
Joe

the thing is there has always been advisories, it's just they are now displayed on the mot "certificate" as opposed to the old style vt32 advise sheet which could be easily discarded.

Reply to
reg

I don't have one of the new style forms yet, but I understand that they are A4 lanscape.

And that if you divide the page carefully down the middle, you end up with an A5 sized MOT certificate, and all the advisories are on the other half.

I can see a number of people splitting the certificate. Another thing to watch out for when buying.

And as its no longer on an official form, it would be dead easy to photocopy it with a piece of blank paper over the advisories section.

The only way to be sure will be to log onto the vosa web site.

Reply to
TTT

Don't try that with toilet paper...

Reply to
Gordon H

On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 22:07:49 +0000, Joe stammered:

Nothing, but he's talking about Nationwide ...

Extremely good point well made..........

Reply to
Partac

I didnt ask for it . If i want a general condition report i willll book it in for that. Whats he going to say next?? Car not washed...dingy paintwork..hole in the rear carpet..smells of dog? They also claimed the gearbox repair would probably costs about =A38000 as it would have to be removed and "sent away. God knows where to..Detroit??

Reply to
Tim