pixels missing on obc BMW e39

Hi I've just bought a BMW 528 e39 and there are quite a few pixels missing from the dash including odometer and the information display below it, they seem to disapear in warmer conditions as i have been able to read the odometer on some occasions, Can this be fixed i.e by re-soldering or does the whole panel have to be replaced. Many thanks in advance Deano

Reply to
Dean

The general view is that it can't be fixed - it's a very densely packed panel. Replacement is the only option.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

i have done this a couple of times on the above model by re-soldering

Reply to
nape nelson

According to the experts on the E39 forum it's not possible. I've not looked at one since mine is ok.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Dave Plowman mumbled:

Ah, always beware of experts who tell you something's impossible!

Reply to
Guy King