Re: Rover diesel problem

Got a '93 Rover 218, non turbo with the Peugeot XUD lump. Starts and runs

> perfectly from warm and cold. When its hot it starts instantly whether I > depress the accelerator or just flick the key but then the engine starts to > falter or "hunt" for about 30 seconds and occasionally stalls then it runs > fine for hours if need be. Anybody got any suggestions, injector(s) problem > or injection pump? The fuel filter was replaced 2000 miles ago, can't find > any air leaks.

I think there's a cold start valve on the injector pump, might be worth checking. Injectors and air leaks would probably be worse at higher speeds or wouldn't go away after the first start.

The first thing I'd check though is fuel lines, make sure it's not letting air in when sat doing nothing, you might have an air-lock when you first start up.

Mark.

Reply to
<mj210168