Poss OT. Small/micro pick ups still made?

Hello folks,

my 1984 Honda Acty just died on me. Literally broke in half.Reminds me of that old Fosters ad 'overdid it with the sherry for the ladies'. Used mainly for carting animal feed, logs and assorted rubbish. Is there a more modern equivalent? Has to be small because of restricted accesses. Quad bike not suitable, have tried.

Many thanks, Nick.

Reply to
Nick

Considered a John Deere 'Gator'? Far better suited to agri use than a 'normal' road vehicle. Alternatively the old VW Caddy 'pickup' was pretty tiny. And don't Subaru do a small utility pickup too (Justy?)?

JB

Reply to
JB

we had an Acty and replaced it with a Suzuki Carry (bedford rascal), they were a great little truck and they were made till the mid 90's so you could probably find one of those. If you want new then you might need to import something, there are quite a few Japanese and french micro trucks, but they are not regular UK sale stuff.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Daihatsu Megatruck? Piaggo Porter?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Still being made. You may have to import one.

Japanese Kei truck, size is set by Japanese law so unlike other vehicles there is no model growth. The above Wiki says that due to front collision protection requirements the cab moved back in '96 so load space will have reduced. Also consider the other Japanese Kei trucks - they are all the same size. The load bed will change size depending on how much cab space they have and there are some export models with extra length.

Suzuki and Daihatsu have lots of AKA's.

If access requires a tight turning circle then you need to watch that as it may not have stayed the same.

Already got a Quad? Quad bike and a trailer? You have the makings of a trailer and it's just right, weld a hitch to the back half of the Acty.

Reply to
Peter Hill

More agricultural but less so than a quad bike, Kawasaki Mule. Also available with John Deere badge. ISTR that some are tippers.

Reply to
newshound

This is just so wrong, someone needs hanging for this. It's a crime comparable to a Lotus Cortina pickup.

Peter Hill

That's not a Lotus Cortina. It might well have been a Nissan GT-R once, which is a comparable crime.

Reply to
Huge