Praise - for once.

One of the keys on my car was a bit iffy. Just the remote side - once inside, it started the car OK so the transponder chip fine.

On examination, the battery was fine, but bits of broken plastic from the buttons. Perhaps it was dropped and stood on. With the case open, pressing the switch on the PCB and the car unlocked, etc.

A mere 350 quid from Porsche for a new programmed key, so a different approach needed.

Ebay offered a new case at 13 quid inc.

Arrived this morning. Complete case including badge, spare blank blade (which unclips from the case) and flexible cover for the internal PCB. All appeared to be OEM. So all I needed to do was fit the new front cover with the push buttons. And job's a good un'

Came from

via Ebay.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not in your Porsche league, but much the same experience from eBay for my Renault Master horse lorry.

Reply to
newshound

I'd guess the only fundamental difference between a Renault Master key and a Porsche one is the price.

Was just rather surprised to find spare parts for something like this that appeared to be genuine. You'd expect the car maker to have an exclusive agreement with whoever makes them. If they were copies, very very good ones.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I have not used them, but I have had the site bookmarked for some time, they received a good report in the Renault Forums site. Their price for a keycard repair has remained the same for several years.

Reply to
Davey

I'm sure it was just reverse engineered. Didn't have a Renault logo on it, IIRC.

Reply to
newshound