Programming key fob for 2001 nissan primera.

I've just bought a 2nd hand remote key fob for a 2001 nissan primera. it needs to be programmed to open/close the car. any ideas as i don't want to bring it to dealer as i'll get ripped off. i will also have to re-program existing key as well.

Reply to
adriandorr

I've not done this myself, just copied from NPOC a while ago, but it looks like you need a good key.... P11-144 Key reprogramming......

  1. Switch from lock to on 6 times in 10 secs. using the good key.

2.Switch to lock. 2 flashes from flashers.(if this doesn't happen then revert to 1.)

3.Press and hold unlock and then press lock 3 times. 1 flash from flashers.

4.Remove key and insert NEW key. Do not turn on!!! Press and hold unlock and then press lock 3 times. 1 flash from flashers.

Repeat 4 for extra keys.

Reply to
SteveB