Remote key fob

I have recently purchased a 52 reg. Grand Vitara It has a Remote Key fob to open the doors but it is not working ( battery is ok ). Is there a way of testing it to see if it just needs re coding and if so how can I do this myself? Suzuki want £100. £50 for a fob and £50 to code it.

Reply to
Sleepingtiger

from autodata

How . Ensure ignition switched OFF and all doors closed . Proceed as follows: . Within 10 seconds, open driver's door and switch ignition ON. . Within 10 seconds of switching ignition ON, switch ignition OFF. . Within 20 seconds of switching ignition OFF, press and release driver's door contact switch 3 times. . Within 10 seconds of releasing driver's door contact switch, switch ignition ON then OFF . Within 20 seconds of switching ignition OFF, press and hold both remote control buttons in turn for at least 5 seconds, The driver's door should lock and unlock once . Within 5 seconds of driver's door locking/unlocking, press remote control lock button or unlock button. . Programming procedure complete. . Confirm programming has been successful by locking and unlocking vehicle.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

You're having us on??? LOL

Reply to
Three Quarters

That is a relatively simple procedure compared with some, no elderly virgins, leg shaking or full moons involved at all.

As I said (and you cut) taken directly from autodata.

Reply to
Mrcheerful