PSA HDi engine temperature

Hi all,

Just a query about temperature gauges. I've just swapped a Peaugot 406 HDi for a Citroen C8 HDi. In over 100,000 miles in the 406 the temperature gauge never seemed to move from reading just under 90c. In the C8 the gauge seems to settle at around 81c but in stop/start sort of driving it rose to 90c and then dropped back down.

Is this OK? I appreciate that the C8 is a bigger car but should I expect the engine to show the same characteristics as in the 406?

Hope you can put my mind at rest!

Thanks,

T.

Reply to
tomcon

don't let it overheat we've got a £3k bill for a replacement engine 2 days ago

Reply to
dojj