pug 206 engine fault resets trip odometer

As in subject line my 03 206 pug van occasionally has the engine warning light come on and reset the trip odometer, next trip it has
cleared. She's got 225k on the normal odometer and I'm too tight to take it to have the OBD read for 30 quid.
Any obvious place to look?
AJH
AJH wrote:

Not your exact symptoms, but: apparently there is a known fault with earth connections on these, the cure is to undo, clean and do up again, and the problem ones are somewhere near the headlights. It usually manifests as the engine stops when you turn the lights on !!
On Thu, 6 Sep 2012 18:56:11 +0100, "Mrcheerful"

Thanks, I did have some trouble with corrosion at the headlight connectors, resistance melted the plastic. I'll have a look, it may well be that the problem occurs when I use the headlights, I'll test the theory.
AJH