Radiator Fitted

I've posted this to another thread, but for maximum attention... The new rad I've fitted is considerably thinner than the original rad, therefore there's a gap of about half a centimetre between the fans and radiator. And they are definitely mounted correctly. I can't figure it out though, doesn't make sense.

But the other issue, is that there's a fan screw mount missing! Here's all the pics:

Pay particular attention to picture number 10:
Cheers SImon

Reply to
Simon Dean

1) Is it loose? 2) Does it lose water?

If the answers to the above are no then don't worry. You're merely paying the price for buying cheap - sometimes the fit ain't all that clever.

Reply to
Conor

Yup. No to both questions. Doesn't sound like much of a price to be honest. At least I saved myself £140! I prefer paying cheap if I can get similar goods... eg, wheel bearings, CV joints, brakes even... as long as they're of similar size then it should be fine.

But it's like the differences between Halfords brand spark plug leads and genuine Nissan ones. The Halfords ones have a, erm, shaft that's too long and stick out of the spark plug hole... I know it's cheap, but that's shouldn't happen.

Thanks for the input though.

Cya Simon

Reply to
Simon Dean

IME the leads can also pull apart (even if you pull the boots, not the wires, like you should), leaving the end connector stuck on the spark plug. Rather hard to remove from a TC engine. Buy cheap, buy twice.

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable