Re: diesel tax

Moving or moved? Just curious as to what kind of cars you?re looking at.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I already have the cars, so it is just a question of as the costly modern ones get used up, the old ones are brought out, the HA viva can be my local runabout, the ferrari for special trips and shows, the V6 cortina for fast long runs, the midget for open top summer runs in the country.

Reply to
MrCheerful

Nice collection. No Jag?

Reply to
newshound

Been there and moved on about 40 years ago. I was tempted by an XJR twin turbo a while ago, but I resisted and bought a Lexus instead.

Reply to
MrCheerful

I'm thinking about a Lexus for when I have a wider drive. 4WD again after struggling for the past two days. (Steep hills in the Cotswolds).

Reply to
newshound

Also consider a Honda CRV, it is a very civilised 4x4 with very high reliability and comfort. If you need a slimmer vehicle then a Subaru Forester is a good choice.

Reply to
MrCheerful

I've looked at CRVs in the past (have a Jazz hybrid which is nice)

Forester has four inches over the Jazz which is too wide for the narrowest part of my shared drive between 18th century cottages.

Yet once upon a time you could get a Granada down there.

Reply to
newshound

Then an older Japanese 4x4 like a Suzuki SJ413 should fit just fine, or a Fiat Panda 4x4 (they are small and remarkably capable.)

Reply to
MrCheerful

Yes, might think about one of them towards next winter as a runabout. Had one of the original 4x4 Pandas in the early 80's.

Reply to
newshound